Sun, 11 Sept|
Real-world optimization problems with mixed-integer linear programming technology
Prof Fanie Terblanche and Dr Richard Oberdieck present their tutorial for ORSSA 2022 delegates.
Time & Location
11 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 13:00
Breakwater Lodge, Portswood Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa
About the Event
Mixed-integer linear programming is not only an academic concern. It is currently adding value to thousands of companies across the globe by providing solutions to complex decision problems. Mixed-integer linear programming solutions are employed to solve strategic decision-making, as well as operational planning problems.
In this tutorial, we will provide you with the opportunity to formulate mixed-integer linear programming problems within a web-based modeling environment and solve these problems with Gurobi, the fastest mixed-integer programming solver in the world. For this purpose, attendees will make use of an internet browser – no installation of software or licenses will be required.
The following activities will form part of the tutorial agenda.
- Getting acquainted with the modeling environment.
- Making use of binary and integer decision variables for logical decision-making.
- Formulating a well-known combinatorial optimization problem.
- Introducing concepts of strong MIP formulations to improve computing performance.
- Accessing and executing the optimization model from within Excel.
The trial accounts for the modeling environment will still be available for use by the attendees upon completion of the tutorial.
- Ticket type
ORSSA 2022 Morning TutorialPriceR 0,00Sold Out
This event is sold out